Clerk: Mrs Sue Wordsworth Courtland House Wellow BA2 8PU tel 01225 836181 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes of the meeting of Wellow Parish Council held on
Monday 18th July 2005 at 8pm.
Present: Cllrs Betts, Dawson, Humphreys, Martin (Chairman) and Pike.
In attendance: clerk and 7 parishioners
85/05 Apologies for absence
Apologies were accepted from Cllrs Elvin and Lewis.
86/05 Minutes of meeting held on 20 June 2005
The minutes were confirmed as a true and accurate record and were accordingly signed by the Chairman.
Cllr Watson joined the meeting at 8.05pm
87/05 Matters of report arising and not on the agenda
Cllr Colston joined the meeting at 8.07pm
88/05 Declarations of interest
Cllr Watson declared an interest in the planning application for Knights Barn
89/05 Public participation
The following items were reported:
· Goal nets are required to prevent footballs going into the cattle field next to the playing field as children are damaging the fences to retrieve the balls. Costs to be sought. SB
· B&NES contractors are not cutting the grass of north field near the church. Action Line to be contacted again. Mrs Veysey to be contacted. SW
· Stewart Cole was permitted to purchase varnish for the memorial seats near the church.
· The dog bin at the bottom of the village hall drive may need to be purchased from the local authority. Check how Freshford Parish obtained their bins. GD
(i) 05/02113/FUL Knights Barn High Street Wellow BA2 8QE. Construction of dining room and utility extensions to dwelling. The application had not been returned to the Clerk but after ascertaining that there were no objections from those that had seen it, it was agreed to support the application.
(ii) 05/02118/RES The Hayes Weavers Farm High Street Wellow BA2 8QE New build of a two storey agricultural dwelling on the lane from the Twinhoe crossroad. The application was discussed in detail and it was noted that the community supports the continuation of local agricultural business. The application was supported unanimously.
(iii) 05/01841/FUL Village Hall extension to provide premises for Magic Box Playgroup. The application was supported unanimously.
Cllr Halewood joined the meeting at 8.35pm
(iv) 1 West End Cottages. Preliminary enquiry regarding permission for access from the village hall drive to the rear garden to enable residents of Nos 1 and 2 West End Cottages to build a hard standing for 4 cars. After a discussion it was proposed and seconded that the application be supported in principle subject to all the following points being agreed:
· 2 members of the Parish Council liaising with applicants DH/AC
· insurance and legal costs to be met by applicants
· best value considerations to be applied if easement is agreed
· applicants to maintain function of drainage ditch
· approval of plans for the appearance of the hard standing and boundaries.
(v) 05/01657/FUL Signal Box Railway Lane Wellow. Change of use of Signal Box to a mixed use artists' studio and ancillary residential use. Permitted subject to conditions, which include restrictions on residential occupation requiring short term lets as an artist's studio.
(i) Payments and receipts were approved. Full details are available from the clerk subject to reasonable notice.
(ii) Annual increments for the Parish Council's employees were approved and the clerk's working hours were increased in line with recommendations of the Somerset Association of Local Councils. Back payments of salary increases and hours worked from April 2005 were approved.
(iii) The Statement of Accounts for the financial year 2004/5 has been approved by the internal auditor and was confirmed for external audit.
92/05 Grass cutting of Closed Churchyard
The Parish Council is seeking a local person to cut the grass and maintain the Closed Churchyard. The employee would be required for approximately 3 hours a week and would be paid an hourly rate of £5.82. If the post is not filled by the September meeting the job will revert to B&NES Council. Interested persons are encouraged to apply.
93/05 Any other business
· Cllr Betts noted that the Horticultural Society has made an offer of payment for specific improvements to public areas in the village. This will be raised on the next agenda.
· Burro Happold quotes for traffic safety measures have not been received.
· Parish Plan funding cheque has been received. Response required regarding procedures and timescales. AC/DH
94/05 Correspondence received
Date of next meeting
The next monthly Parish Council Meeting will be held at 8pm on Monday 19 September 2005. Please note there will not be a Parish Council meeting in August.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.15pm